OS crashed in our primary xenapp server hosting DB and had no backup to restore. Servers in farm were using LHC and continue to function.So we planned to have a isolated DB server, create a new farm & move the servers to the new farm.
- Created a new farm.
- Joined 2nd server to the new farm, got it successfully added.
- After reboot, IMA server failed to start & MFCOM service hung at starting state.
- Tried multiple troubleshooting including recreating LHC,rade based on the article http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX127922
- Also checked on IPSEC service based on below article http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX127924
- Confirmed hotfix level across the servers are same.
- Still IMA & MFCOM wouldn’t start.
- Found it’s a bug, DB settings are not getting properly updated in registry
_MACHINE\SOF TWARE\Polici es\Citrix\IM A\Database Settings
- DB IP was not getting updated in the string “InitialDatabaseServerName”
- These settings also can be checked using gpedit.msc > computer configuration > citrix policies > Settings > Server Settings > Database Settings
I had a hard time finding this fix, Hope this helps. 🙂