I was working on a recent project where i had to configure citrix receiver to use multiple monitors on Ubuntu 13.10
I ran into few issues, however below are the steps to successfully configure
- Download and install Linux receiver 13.0
- By default install directory would be /opt/Citrix/ICAClient
- And edit the file wfica.sh
By default it should look like $ICAROOT/wfica -file $1 change it to $ICAROOT/wfica -span a -file $1
- Open Firefox > edit > preference > Applications, find “Citrix ICA Settings” and change it to wfica.sh
- Also we need to disable launcher in second display. System settings > Display > Launcher Placement > select 1st display.
- Also disable Sticky edges.
- You can follow the steps described in the following article
http://askubuntu.com/questions/105558/how-do-i-disable-the-super-key, however in few systems i got an error that compiz-core has replaced the old package and i couldn’t open the config to disable super key.
- Didn’t had much time troubleshooting, so ran few commands using dconf as below
Disable/prevent the Windows (a.k.a. “Super”) key from opening the dash home application launcher menu:
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity/plugins/unityshell/show-launcher '"Disabled"'
Prevent Windows-Tab from focusing the launcher:
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity/plugins/unityshell/launcher-switcher-prev '"Disabled"'
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity/plugins/unityshell/launcher-switcher-forward '"Disabled"'
- Also, i had to disable few settings in keyboard, System settings > Keyboard > Shortcuts & disable belowKey to show the HUD
Activate the window menu
Everything worked good, Hope this helps!