I was working on a recent project where i had to configure citrix receiver to use multiple monitors on Ubuntu 13.10
I ran into few issues, however below are the steps to successfully configure
- Download and install Linux receiver 13.0
- By default install directory would be /opt/Citrix/ICAClient
- And edit the file wfica.sh
By default it should look like $ICAROOT/wfica -file $1 change it to $ICAROOT/wfica -span a -file $1
- Open Firefox > edit > preference > Applications, find “Citrix ICA Settings” and change it to wfica.sh
- Also we need to disable launcher in second display. System settings > Display > Launcher Placement > select 1st display.
- Also disable Sticky edges.
- You can follow the steps described in the following article
http://askubuntu.com/questions/105558/how-do-i-disable-the-super-key, however in few systems i got an error that compiz-core has replaced the old package and i couldn’t open the config to disable super key.
- Didn’t had much time troubleshooting, so ran few commands using dconf as below
Disable/prevent the Windows (a.k.a. “Super”) key from opening the dash home application launcher menu:
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity/plugins/unityshell/show-launcher '"Disabled"'
Prevent Windows-Tab from focusing the launcher:
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity/plugins/unityshell/launcher-switcher-prev '"Disabled"'
dconf write /org/compiz/profiles/unity/plugins/unityshell/launcher-switcher-forward '"Disabled"'
- Also, i had to disable few settings in keyboard, System settings > Keyboard > Shortcuts & disable belowKey to show the HUD
Activate the window menu
Everything worked good, Hope this helps!
Explored Cloudagile testing andriod testing android bdd bdd specification Brocade CGW Citrix Citrix Receiver citrix xenapp citrix xendesktop Config Backup/restore cucumber specification DRAC esx Gesture Testing HSD Indexes Mobile Testing Challenges private root certificate registry secure gateway smartphone testing specification by example SQL 2008 Sql Server ssh ssh banner sshd SSL/TLS error test automation with specifications testing at thoughtworks thoughtworks testing VDA vmware WebInterface web interface WI windows7 Windows 2008 R2 xenapp xen app xen desktop xendesktop xenserver
Our Latest Tweets
Lets Discuss !!!
- September 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- October 2015 (1)
- July 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (2)
- December 2014 (1)
- April 2014 (5)
- December 2013 (1)
- July 2013 (1)
- May 2013 (1)
- April 2013 (1)
- February 2013 (1)
- October 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (1)
- August 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (1)
- May 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (3)
- March 2012 (4)
- February 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (1)
- November 2011 (2)
- October 2011 (2)
- September 2011 (8)
- August 2011 (3)
- June 2011 (3)
- February 2008 (1)