We had issues with log rotation in XenServer causing the disk space to use completely and get hung, I had to delete the log file manually everytime this happens. So we decided to rotate the log files ensuring it doesn’t hog up disk space.
- Change /etc/logrotate.conf
- Rotate 5 (will hold only 5 MB log files)
- Enabled compress (will compress log files)
- Configure logrotation every hour
- mv /etc/cron.daily/logrotate /etc/cron.hourly/logrotate
- Disable default logging to syslog. This was done to address the issue described in the below article.
Hope this helps!